Are you a heavy truck driver in Eastern Canada? We want to hear your thoughts about life on the road! We'll use this information to improve driver services at our locations. One lucky respondent will win a custom leather jacket emblazoned with the logo of their choice.... Read more
To celebrate Canada's 150th birthday this year, Peterbilt Motors unveiled the spectacular Model 389 Canadian 150th Anniversary Edition. Truly limited, each model is uniquely numbered with a special Canada 150 emblem. Cheyenne shows off this beautiful truck in this quick video. Check it out!... Read more
Happy 150th Canada! At Peterbilt Atlantic we are proud Canadians and wanted to be part of the Canada 150 celebrations by creating our own custom Canada 150 Peterbilt truck. Our Fredericton sales team worked with the Sign Warehouse in Miramichi to create a beautiful Canada 150 design for this 2018 Peterbilt Model 389. Look for it parked just off the TransCanada at Exit 281 at our new Fredericton location - 125 Greenview Drive. Give us a honk when going by! O Canada!... Read more
Did you know Peterbilt Atlantic's nine locations are equipped with the region's most comfortable driver's lounges? Cheyenne shows how we make sure you are At Home on the Road across five provinces!... Read more
Peterbilt’s SmartLINQ connected truck technology helps provide maximum uptime, keep deliveries on time, streamline service management and ensure trucks are running at peak performance. The SmartLINQ remote diagnostics system is factory installed and standard on all Peterbilt models available at all Peterbilt Atlantic locations in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island, Newfoundland and Quebec.
Our own Peterbilt Pro Coach Shawn Warman gives an overview of the SmartLINQ system in this quick video:... Read more
With nine locations across Eastern Canada, Peterbilt Atlantic is comprised of industry experts who are also your friends and neighbours. Tyler Witherell grew up around the trucking industry and is a key member of our New Brunswick sales team. Here are nine quick questions to learn a bit more about Tyler:... Read more
With nine locations across five provinces, Peterbilt Atlantic has over 150 employees spread around the east coast. Our team is comprised of industry experts that are also your friends and neighbours. In our quest to make all of our customers feel "at home on the road" when visiting us, we'd like to share a bit of background on our team. Harley Robicheau leads our sales team in the Annapolis Valley and Newfoundland. Here are nine quick questions with Harley:... Read more
In the winter, practicing truck maintenance is more important than ever. Not only does the colder weather increase your risk of repair issues, but your drivers don’t want to find themselves broken down along the road in the snow or freezing rain.
You should focus on five areas as a part of your routine truck maintenance: batteries, coolant, air dryer filter, exhaust system and aftertreatment harnesses. Follow these tips to care for your fleet in the winter and prevent costly, unplanned downtime.... Read more
1. SmartLINQSmartLINQ gives fleet managers advance notice when a truck repair issue arises, so they can schedule service accordingly. The technology helps drivers and their fleet managers determine whether a truck can stay on the road or needs to go to a service centre right away. Armed with instant information about the status of your trucks, you’re able to plan ahead and mitigate the impact of repair time on your fleet’s schedule. By maximizing your uptime, you improve your revenue potential.
2. APEXThis fully integrated powertrain features a PACCAR engine linked to an automated transmission. APEX’s control software helps your drivers shift more efficiently and improve fuel economy by up to 14%.
3. Driver Performance AssistantDriver Performance Assistant is an in-dash coaching tool that notifies drivers when they should brake, accelerate or shift. It guides them toward more productive and fuel-efficient driving techniques. The coaching tool also aids in the reduction of wear on trucks, helping you save on fuel costs as well as maintenance.
4. SmartAirIt’s important to maintain a comfortable environment for driving, but did you know that an optimized climate control system can also reduce fuel consumption? Rather than relying on the main engine, the SmartAir system runs independently off of a smaller engine. This auxiliary engine uses very little fuel, helping your drivers maintain a comfortable temperature when parked without wasting fuel.
5. SmartNavSmartNav includes GPS, a rear camera, truck monitoring and many other tools. The navigation tool in particular helps drivers find efficient, truck-friendly routes. It includes information about bridge heights, weigh stations, detours and estimated times of arrival, giving drivers the information necessary to minimize driving time and reach their destinations faster.
6. Next-Generation RoutingThis re-design of chassis wiring prevents chaffing and pulling on harness connectors, reducing the frequency with which repair sensors are triggered. The more robust electrical and fuel system is easier to service, reducing your repair downtime. As some of the older trucks in your fleet reach the end of their life cycle, consider investing in trucks with cutting-edge technology to give your fleet a competitive advantage. By lowering your fuel costs and maximizing your uptime, you’ll have greater revenue potential and more room in your budget for the kind of tools you need to grow your business.
Ready to learn more about how you can accelerate your fleet’s uptime? Consult a factory-trained technician at Peterbilt Atlantic.
» Schedule My Consultation ... Read more