Peterbilt Atlantic is proud to stock TRP clutches at our locations throughout Eastern Canada. The TRP Line of clutches offers the widest product breadth of any clutch program in North America. TRP clutches are produced by Eaton to Paccar standards. TRP offers medium and heavy duty clutches with Pedal Assist. Three assist springs serve to lower bearing load, and lower pedal effort. For medium duty and heavy duty applications, TRP will have a clutch that will meet your requirments and exceed your expecatations.... Read more
Peterbilt’s SmartLINQ connected truck technology helps provide maximum uptime, keep deliveries on time, streamline service management and ensure trucks are running at peak performance. The SmartLINQ remote diagnostics system is factory installed and standard on all Peterbilt models available at all Peterbilt Atlantic locations in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island, Newfoundland and Quebec.
Our own Peterbilt Pro Coach Shawn Warman gives an overview of the SmartLINQ system in this quick video:... Read more
With nine locations across Eastern Canada, Peterbilt Atlantic is comprised of industry experts who are also your friends and neighbours. Tyler Witherell grew up around the trucking industry and is a key member of our New Brunswick sales team. Here are nine quick questions to learn a bit more about Tyler:... Read more
When travelling in Eastern Canada wildlife collisions are always a concern. Peterbilt Atlantic is proud to sell HERD products to help protect your truck investment. Easy to install and impressive in appearance, HERD bumpers are the ultimate accessory for driver safety. Cheyenne shares the product highlights in the video below. Check it out!... Read more
With nine locations in five provinces, our Peterbilt Atlantic staff is comprised of industry experts that are also your friends and neighbours! Kelly McCallum drives sales for Peterbilt Atlantic throughout Halifax, Eastern Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. Let's learn a bit more about Kelly with nine quick questions:... Read more
... Read more
Peterbilt Atlantic stocks parts from the leading suppliers in the industry including Nortech lighting products. Nortech develops and designs innovative and energy efficient warning and safety lighting products. All Nortech products undergo extensive lab, pre-production and on-going quality testing. In addition to factory and in-house testing Nortech products are subject to extensive field testing before being released in the market. Products include:
With nine locations across five provinces, Peterbilt Atlantic has over 150 employees spread around the east coast. Our team is comprised of industry experts that are also your friends and neighbours. In our quest to make all of our customers feel "at home on the road" when visiting us, we'd like to share a bit of background on our team. Harley Robicheau leads our sales team in the Annapolis Valley and Newfoundland. Here are nine quick questions with Harley:... Read more
In the winter, practicing truck maintenance is more important than ever. Not only does the colder weather increase your risk of repair issues, but your drivers don’t want to find themselves broken down along the road in the snow or freezing rain.
You should focus on five areas as a part of your routine truck maintenance: batteries, coolant, air dryer filter, exhaust system and aftertreatment harnesses. Follow these tips to care for your fleet in the winter and prevent costly, unplanned downtime.... Read more
1. SmartLINQSmartLINQ gives fleet managers advance notice when a truck repair issue arises, so they can schedule service accordingly. The technology helps drivers and their fleet managers determine whether a truck can stay on the road or needs to go to a service centre right away. Armed with instant information about the status of your trucks, you’re able to plan ahead and mitigate the impact of repair time on your fleet’s schedule. By maximizing your uptime, you improve your revenue potential.
2. APEXThis fully integrated powertrain features a PACCAR engine linked to an automated transmission. APEX’s control software helps your drivers shift more efficiently and improve fuel economy by up to 14%.
3. Driver Performance AssistantDriver Performance Assistant is an in-dash coaching tool that notifies drivers when they should brake, accelerate or shift. It guides them toward more productive and fuel-efficient driving techniques. The coaching tool also aids in the reduction of wear on trucks, helping you save on fuel costs as well as maintenance.
4. SmartAirIt’s important to maintain a comfortable environment for driving, but did you know that an optimized climate control system can also reduce fuel consumption? Rather than relying on the main engine, the SmartAir system runs independently off of a smaller engine. This auxiliary engine uses very little fuel, helping your drivers maintain a comfortable temperature when parked without wasting fuel.
5. SmartNavSmartNav includes GPS, a rear camera, truck monitoring and many other tools. The navigation tool in particular helps drivers find efficient, truck-friendly routes. It includes information about bridge heights, weigh stations, detours and estimated times of arrival, giving drivers the information necessary to minimize driving time and reach their destinations faster.
6. Next-Generation RoutingThis re-design of chassis wiring prevents chaffing and pulling on harness connectors, reducing the frequency with which repair sensors are triggered. The more robust electrical and fuel system is easier to service, reducing your repair downtime. As some of the older trucks in your fleet reach the end of their life cycle, consider investing in trucks with cutting-edge technology to give your fleet a competitive advantage. By lowering your fuel costs and maximizing your uptime, you’ll have greater revenue potential and more room in your budget for the kind of tools you need to grow your business.
Ready to learn more about how you can accelerate your fleet’s uptime? Consult a factory-trained technician at Peterbilt Atlantic.
» Schedule My Consultation ... Read more